Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tony Sanchez to fight in Tacoma, Washington



Tony Sanchez prepares to fight



Tony's fight will be in Spokane, Washington on April 28th. Northwestfighting.com names the promotion as "Young Guns" at Camas Center. 

The lightweight tournament will include 8 lightweight competitors – competing grand prix style.
Tony is 9-1 in amateur fights and 1-0 as a pro. This will be his 2nd pro fight and his 12th fight overall.

His opponent is Carlos Rodriguez. "I don't let records speak for themselves," Tony said. "I know that a majority of his losses are by submission." Tony acknowledges that the history of Rodriguez's fights are a result of a variety of circumstances, and refrains from making predictions on the outcome of his match with his opponent.

"For the most part, I don't [keep] anything about my training secret. I just like to train hard." Tony has worked on his diet, wrestling, jiu jitsu, Muay Thai and boxing.

Tony likes to work with a variety of skilled training partners and uses Youtube and Martial arts magazines as sources of information. "Whether it's Taekwondo, Jeet Kune Do or Karate, I always want to learn and evolve."

"I've been focusing on my strength and conditioning and my nutrition," said the lightweight, 155 lb fighter.

Brent Primus, NWMA's head MMA instructor, has committed to carpooling with Tony for this match and cornering for him.

"I'd like to thank Jaco Fight Gear, Northwest Martial Arts, Ryan Clark, Ryan Kelly, Harold Utterback, Brent Primus, Seth Dawson - it'd take me all day to name everyone at the gym... I fight for everyone here and they all motivate me..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember when posting that comments will be visible to the general public.